The system for managing the results of intellectual activity (SURID) is an orderly system for collecting, identifying, protecting, capitalizing, commercializing and managing the results of intellectual activity.
Why is it important to implement SURID?
Many domestic organizations do not have mechanisms for the effective use of their intellectual potential.
Information is the backbone of the modern economy
The intellectualization of production is becoming the main object of management at all levels of the economic system, since the sphere of production requires special management impact due to significant changes in processes and technologies. Intangible assets, as well as special economic relations arising in the process of information transfer, become the object of management.
The modern economy focuses on the use of knowledge as the most important production resource. Knowledge is an independent product, a factor of production and a means of preserving and accumulating material resources.
Changes in the modern economy make it possible to consider knowledge as:
- The end product of human intellectual activity
- A commodity in production and non-production processes
- Resource of production and sales activities
- Subject and means of distribution
- Means of preserving material and financial values
- Management tool
As a result of the implementation of SURID, the following tasks will be solved:
- Entering a new technological level of development
- Formation of the intellectual property market
- Control over spending budget funds
- Preparing a platform for creating an industry depository that allows:
- Control RIA: the depository will contain information on the composition of the product, design and technological documentation
- Carry out a quick search for the necessary information and necessary documents, taking advantage of all the advantages of the structure of the depository
- To prosecute employees who have violated the provisions on trade secrets to various measures of responsibility, guided by the provisions of the current legislation
- Build mechanisms of commercialization between the owners of RIA and acquirers, organize interaction between all participants in the process, which will significantly reduce the design and production time
- Generate new knowledge by encouraging authors and developers with royalties, use existing human capital
- Establish civilized cooperation of developers and manufacturers, taking into account the formalized structural capital
- Solving the problem of finding effective and innovative projects for financing
- Increasing the general level of intellectualization of personnel, motivation for retaining highly qualified specialists, preventing the "drain" of personnel
- Taking into account new developments and, as a result, guaranteeing the observance of the rights of authors and copyright holders
- Creation of a transparent system for the movement of developments
Stages of work:
Audit and recommendations
- Determination of the main goals and objectives in terms of intellectual property management
- Preparation of recommendations for improving business processes and local regulations, administrative motivational tools with recommendations for optimizing the structure of the organization, making changes to job descriptions, in the number of project teams
- Preparation of business processes of the intellectual property management system, all its subsystems identified during the audit
- Preparation of drafts of a set of local normative acts in terms of intellectual property management
Development of an intellectual property management strategy
- Conducting a series of training seminars and consultations for employees involved in project teams
- Monitoring the involvement of employees in the new management system
- Selection and implementation of the most suitable software, based on the needs of the Customer, or preparation of technical specifications for the creation of software for the IMS, selection of the developer
Implementation of an intellectual property management strategy
- Conducting an audit of the existing intellectual property management system
- Preparation of a full report based on the results of the audit on the current state of the system (order) of work with RIA and OIP, indicating the main problem points of information processing and making management decisions in relation to OIP